The Clans Of Viscus Slyvae
Hello there and welcome to the forum! We're happy to see that you've decided to stop by and maybe even join... and who knows? Your history could end up in our sacred legends!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello there and welcome to the forum! We're happy to see that you've decided to stop by and maybe even join... and who knows? Your history could end up in our sacred legends!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

VSP Staff
-Will be edited later-
Latest topics
» BloodNight
Can videogames damage a relationship? EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 11:25 pm by BloodNight

» New Pack
Can videogames damage a relationship? EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 3:48 pm by Aurora

» -Crushes/Mate/Pup Info-
Can videogames damage a relationship? EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 10:21 pm by Aurora

» Purple Blossom Plains
Can videogames damage a relationship? EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 7:14 pm by Torpedo

» -Forest Clan's Main Den-
Can videogames damage a relationship? EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:43 am by Aurora

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

Can videogames damage a relationship?

3 posters

Go down

Can videogames change the relationship status?

Can videogames damage a relationship? I_vote_lcap0%Can videogames damage a relationship? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Can videogames damage a relationship? I_vote_lcap0%Can videogames damage a relationship? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Can videogames damage a relationship? Empty Can videogames damage a relationship?

Post by Katlego Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Well I recently been seeing less conversations between me and my bf, Joe. He is always procrastinating and does his hw at the last second and to me that's no excuse to not hangout beforehand. He is so tight with this video game addiction that in my belief it's ruining my time to converse with him and talk about stuff that isn't right on time, but delayed because what he plays...plus his friends too..he plays with them on games and he adores Pokemon. Since x & y came out, he went for that right away and still plays it, even when hanging out at my house.

Likewise, we don't talk often and he says he tries to pay as much attention to me as possible but to me..it's like his computer is his gf on the sideline :L I really think it is, because he is always on that every single day...he says he's a gamer, but still..it's pressuring me and my time and he just plays constantly..stays up until midnight or 1 am..and eats junk food as he complains he's always tired. But I'm tired of hearing it and seeing this continue..if it continues..I'm not sure what to say to him :/ I would really hate to lose someone I'm very close to and let's just say...I'm 20 and he's 19, he's my first bf I ever had officially.

Last edited by Katlego on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Katlego
Katlego
Forest Clan
Forest Clan

Your Wolf
Name: Katlego
Currently on EFA: No

http://SpecialK42293.deviantART.com

Back to top Go down

Can videogames damage a relationship? Empty Re: Can videogames damage a relationship?

Post by Stefano Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:30 pm

I have basically no experience with this kind of stuff, considering I haven't ever had a bf before, but have you ever thought of maybe playing the game with him or something? Maybe that could help? Eh...sorry I can't give you very much help with this...
Stefano
Stefano
Forest Clan
Forest Clan

Your Wolf
Name: Stefano Moretti

Back to top Go down

Can videogames damage a relationship? Empty Re: Can videogames damage a relationship?

Post by Katlego Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:41 pm

I do play games with him. However, only when I hangout with him, which really is only once or twice a week..since he has school and work to do and doesn't often see me. But when I'm not with him, he offers me to go on Skype with them but with an old laggy computer it can't hold down-loadable games for too long or a big server, so playing with him at this time is not an option to really help.
No worries though! When I've questioned friends of mine irl and others from online, some do agree that I should let the truth be told about how I feel...and I'm sure he won't like the truth because it hurts.
Katlego
Katlego
Forest Clan
Forest Clan

Your Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefano Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:13 am

Ah, okay. And I have to say I agree with your friends, you probably should let him know the truth about how you feel!
Stefano
Stefano
Forest Clan
Forest Clan

Your Wolf
Name: Stefano Moretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Audi Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:04 pm

I agree with Stephano!

Also, you should say to him that restraining himself from playing video games all the time will let him get more sleep. And maybe you and your bf should go out walking together. And, you know, instead hanging around eachother's houses, you could go camping, or just go to a good junk-free restaurant. I just read a scientific article about how screens destroy your sleep, so that could be what's happening. How does he play these games, anyway?
Audi
Audi
Mountain Clan
Mountain Clan

Your Wolf
Name: Audi
Currently on EFA: Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Katlego Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:55 pm

I don't really want to change him overall, but if it's for the best for him I would try. However, not enforce it too much on his own body and lack trust if anything. Though, he plays video games as in computer. A large TV monitor, spends hours on it with his friends. I know for sure that it's a fact that siting close or even in front of a bright tv for long can ruin the eye sight(hence why my vision is a little messed up, yet I am visually impaired).

So, we do go for walks around hi neighbourhood. Walk railroads and such. Just to get some fresh air and of course my parents get involved with our bond and I also feel as if they are triggering it to make it worse :/ Though moms know best after all. Sorry to go off topic, had to mention that crisis part..a bit crisis to me. We do some stuff, but when he has school and plus work, we rarely get to see each other. I approached my friends about this and some of them said "it almost seems like he thinks video games can fix everything" sort of response and I do agree with my friend on this. He's a gamer yet I'd hate to break his addiction. We talk, but he gets bored and plays video games if we have nothing to talk about :/
Katlego
Katlego
Forest Clan
Forest Clan

Your Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum